Other company joins the party, this handheld from compulabs are introducing Exceda Mobile, this device is coming to the market on march and there is not an official price yet, this versatile headset runs Android, Armstrong Linux and Windows CE,
exeda incorporates a 3.5″ VGA sun-readable display with a touch screen, five row, full QWERTY keypad with backlight and a unique capacitive touchpad acting as a mouse. This makes exeda ideal for reading, browsing and data entry.
* A choice of wireless voice/data modem – quad band GSM/GPRS, CDMA or 3G UMTS
* 802.11g WLAN
* Bluetooth V2.0 + EDR
* 2 USB ports
* RS-232 port
CompuLab provides an extension with -
* 100Base-T Ethernet through RJ45 connector
* SDIO socket
* JTAG header
Other connectivity devices for exeda will be provided by 3rd parties.
* Marvell PXA270 520MB CPU
* 128MB RAM
* 2 banks of internal FLASH, 512MB each
* 2MP camera with flash
* GPS with built-in and external antennas
* MicroSD socket with SDHC support
* Built-in microphone and speaker + 3.5mm stereo jack
* High capacity 3000mAh battery
exeda functionality can be extended with an extension board inside the device. Extension boards may be designed by a 3rd party.
CompuLab will publish the electrical and mechanical interface and provides a reference extension board with full schematics.
exeda supports Android, Windows Mobile 6.1, Android, Windows CE 6 and Angstrom Linux.
Other operating systems may be supported in the future.
As a big plus for developers, it also have some features oriented to serious programmers:
* Open source u-boot bootloader
* Detailed hardware and software documentation
* Full BSP’s
* 10/100Base-T Ethernet port
* JTAG interface
* Unlocked SIM